4th-9th January 2024, 9am - 3pm
Open to Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, and Piano
* Last day to apply: November 12th, 2023
- Customisation: Customisation: Students may opt to participate in both violin and viola if desired. We provide loaner violas to accommodate students interested in exploring this.
- Orchestra Participation: Everyone is involved in orchestra. For those not yet ready for chamber music, orchestra will be their only session.
- University Mentors: Each group will be assigned a university mentor who will help guide rehearsals and enhance group dynamics.
- Tailored Curriculum: We offer a curated program for younger students to ensure a balanced and enjoyable experience.
- Ensemble Work: Students collaborate in small groups, including trios, quartets, or quintets, guided by experienced coaches.
- Chamber Concert Series:: Enjoy inspiring performances by our esteemed faculty and guest artists.
- Daily Coaching: Benefit from daily coaching sessions and rehearsals to refine your ensemble skills.
- Masterclasses: Participate in enriching masterclasses to elevate your performance.
- Alexander Technique: Experience specialized training tailored to string students.
The audition process
Please provide a YouTube link which demonstrates your musical ability (5-minute maximum).
* Auditions will only be accepted via YouTube.
Follow these instructions:
1)Go to youtube.com.
2)Sign in or create an account.
4)Set privacy setting to ‘unlisted’ (this is very important).
5)Upload your audition clip. You will need to copy the video URL (link) and enter it into the application form.
$290 per student
We provide a limited number of financial assistance scholarships. These scholarships are need-based and may cover up to the full cost of the program. If you wish to be considered, please specify this in your application.
String Fellowship Program
4th-9th January 2024
The RimuFest String Fellowship Program is a course for university music students early in their career. The programme will help to enhance rehearsal techniques, hone your artistry, gain performing and teaching experience.
The programme includes:
- Chamber rehearsal time with other students in the fellowship programme
- Daily coachings
- Mentor chamber music students through their rehearsals
- Performance opportunities
- Lodging by host
- Most meals included
- Fill out the
- Audition recording (max duration of 10 minutes)
* Pre-formed groups allowed to apply